Social Lights Program
What is the Social Lights Program?
Social Lights program is for preschool, primary, secondary children and young people.
Written and developed by our principal psychologist Elizabeth Sulikowski, based on her informed knowledge of childhood development and experience working with children.
The program is highly individualised, and tailored to the needs of each young person or group.
What is the aim of the program?
What areas are targeted in the sessions?
- Communication – conversation skills and non-verbal skills, body language.
- Friendship and interpersonal skills – appropriate play, making and maintaining friendships.
- Emotions – understanding feelings, relaxation, coping skills, anger and stress management.
- Flexible thinking – negotiation, compromise, dealing with change.
- Confidence – self-esteem, assertiveness, resilience.
- Problem solving – conflict resolution, bullying prevention and response strategies.
- Attention – planning, organisation, self-monitoring, shifting and dividing attention.
- Growth and relationships – understanding puberty, life changes and building healthy relationships.